Why use Gtechniq HALOv2 Flexible Film Coating?
HALOv2 enhances the performance of Paint Protection Film (PPF) and vinyl. It’s a chemically bonding, ultra-dense flexible film that becomes the permanent surface of the film – protecting it from the elements a car faces on a daily basis.
The density of the coating and its low surface energy improve dirt and water repellency of PPF or vinyl. It also helps to prevent staining from dirt ingression, as well as reducing yellowing caused by UV rays.
Overall, HALOv2 keeps the PPF looking in a much better condition and makes it much easier for people to keep their car clean following PPF/ vinyl application.
Rigorous real-world and laboratory testing has proven HALOv2 to be compatible with all types of gloss, matte, and satin vinyl and PPF. It is also proven to work on self-healing films.
Simple steps to help you get the best results
- Shake bottle well and wear gloves
- To apply HALOv2, your vehicle must be indoors and remain indoors, for at least 12 hours after the coating has been applied. For best results, good lighting is essential
- If applying to previously installed film, wash and decontaminate the vehicle with Gtechniq W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner and W6 Iron and General Fallout Remover
- Spray a 30% dilution of isopropyl alcohol (IPA) on to a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
- With your surface fully cooled, buff to remove any fingerprints or other surface contaminants. This process ensures you get the maximum number of chemical bonds between HALOv2 and the film or vinyl
- Apply HALOv2 evenly on the application pad and set the bottle aside
- Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to an area roughly 2’x2′, or work to the bodylines of the vehicle
- After coating a panel remove residue with an MF1 cloth. Always remove from further than you have applied, working from the outside in
- Once applied carry out a final check with an MF1 cloth and a bright but diffused light source – this will ensure no residue remains on the surface.
- An unopened bottle of HALOv2 has a 12 month shelf life from the time of purchase
- Store in a cool/dry place, out of direct sunlight
- Use within 3 months of opening