1. This website, gtechniq.com and its subdomains belong to the Gtechniq Ltd, Unit 9 Pury Hill Business Park, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 7LS.
2. Your right to privacy is very important to us and we know that when you give us information about yourself, you trust us to be responsible with it. Gtechniq is committed to protecting the privacy of those using our website and the confidentiality of the personal information that our website users and customers give us. We take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information.
3. Gtechniq complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 whenever we handle your personal data.
What information will you collect about me?
4. When you use this website you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, date of birth, email address and telephone number. By giving us such information you agree to our using it in the manner described in this policy.
5. Cookie information, pages you have requested and your IP address may also be recorded by us from your browser as set out in this data protection and privacy statement.
What do you do with information about me?
6. Any personal information you give to Gtechniq when using and/or registering with our website may be used for the following purposes, by Gtechniq, and Gtechniq alone:
- updating customer records
- updating records of other related activities
- completing transactions with you
- communicating with you
- personalising areas of the website to match your profile
- keeping track of areas of the website that you visit and the facilities you use so we can improve the Site to meet users’ needs
- telling you about orders, products and services
- advising you of other products and services which may interest you
- improving our services, and
- for quality and training purposes.
7. Any personal information you give to us will only be used by Gtechniq and by its agents and service providers. We do not sell or share personal information with third parties. All personal information you provide to Gtechniq will be securely maintained, stored and treated as private and confidential.
8. We will not collect any personal information about you, i.e. your name and your email address, unless you give it to us voluntarily.
How can I see the information you have about me?
9. You have the right to a copy of the personal information Gtechniq holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please send requests to The Data Protection Officer, Gtechniq, Unit 9 Pury Hill Business Park, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 7LS.
Keeping your details up to date
10. We always seek to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date, but we need your help to do this. As a registered user of the website you should make sure you keep your details up to date. Log in to the website using your chosen username and password to check and update the details we hold for you.
11. If you do not wish to receive newsletters or further information on Gtechniq, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure you are removed from the mailing list. All marketing emails we send you will have an ‘opt out’ option on them.
Keeping your password safe
12. As an individual, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree to indemnify us against any costs, claims and liabilities suffered by Gtechniq arising from, or related to, your access to and/or use of the site and/or other person’s use of the site where such a person was able to access the site using your password.
13. You should take the necessary steps to make sure your password is kept confidential. Let Gtechniq know immediately if you think your password has become known to someone else, or if your password will be/is being used in an unauthorised manner.
14. If you have any concerns about security, please email email@example.com
‘Share this’ tool
15. ‘Share this’ is third party software. Before you use this tool, make sure you read the ‘Share this’ terms and conditions.
What happens when I follow a link to another website?
16. gtechniq.com contains links to other websites. This data protection and privacy statement applies only to our site and to the subdomains owned by Gtechniq. We are not responsible for any use of your personal information that you provide to third party websites which may be accessed from this website. So, when you move to another site, you should read the data protection and privacy statement of that website.
What is a cookie?
18. A cookie is a small file containing an identity code. A cookie is written by the website server of the website you are visiting. They are stored on your computer and can only be read by the server that writes them.
Why are cookies used on this site?
19. ‘Session’ cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file on your computer until you leave our website. Session cookies are used to:
- help us check whether you are a registered user
- give you access to your user details and other private areas of the website and
- personalise some areas of the website to match your preferences.
20. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your computer for as long as the length of time allocated to them. We use persistent cookies for advanced personalisation of the site.
21. If cookies are disabled on your PC, you will miss out on the personalised services available on the Gtechniq website. This means that you may not be able to access certain areas or get the most out of our site.
22. Users are able to set their computers to accept all cookies, notify them when a cookie is issued or to opt not to receive cookies at any time. Every internet browser is different. To organise your cookies, please check the ‘Help’ menu on the browser you are using.
23. We know that your privacy is important to you. If you have a complaint, contact the Data Protection Officer at the address below.
34. We reserve the right to update this data protection and privacy statement at any time. We may highlight any changes to this statement in the News section of the website. You are advised to check our news section and review the data protection statement regularly to make sure you have seen any changes to this statement.
Unit 9 Pury Hill Business Park
t +44(0)1327 811 015